Built either the ‘most expensive’, ‘the first’, ‘the highest’, or ‘the only’ structure. Now, in 2012, it will also become home to the largest and tallest……… arch bridge.
Artificial islands in the shape of the world, a 7 Star hotel, a real life Jurassic Park, if any real city on our planet can claim the leading spot in creating the urban landscape of the future, it’s probably Dubai.
Construction is set to begin next month and by 2012 you can zoom past on this “world’s largest bridge”. What’s more spectacular is that out there they always stick to their deadline date and unveil the most sought after structures ever.
Here’s some info on the bridge as envisioned by New York architecture firm Fxfowle:
* It’s one mile long and 670 feet tall.
* It will have 12 lanes for traffic.
* It will cost 817 million dollars.
* The design has Sheikh Mohammed’s official stamp of approval.
* The bridge will carry more than 2,000 vehicles per hour in each direction.
* A metro line will run across the middle.
* Construction begins in March, with a slated completion date of 2012.